One of my biggest passions is sharing my vast music collection with friends – and until I get my own radio show (tee hee), this is the best way I know how. Beginning today, I’m going to commit to posting 5 songs every Friday from artists I’ve been listening to. The songs will be a mixture of new and old, designed to help you discover artists you’ve never heard of, as well as artists you may have forgotten about.
One day, I’ll be able to support myself by writing on this site; but timing is everything. So, bear with me as I begin to resurrect this dream of mine, one post at a time.
In honor of last night’s incredible showcase put on by Cascine and Newtown Radio last night at Cameo Gallery in Brooklyn, I’ve devoted this week to the artists who performed.
– Rush Midnight’s music is sexy, slinky, and oh so smooth; almost Prince-like, at times.
– Selebrities are 2013’s version of 1983’s Joy Division, but with a female lead singer. Their new album, Lovely Things, is one of the best of the year.
– The Ice Choir’s “Afar” is the best record I’ve heard in the past year. I remarked to a friend last night that their music is the best 80s synthpop throwback I’ve ever heard. Absolutely brilliant in every way.
– Kisses are an LA duo who I’ve been a fan of since their very first single surfaced a few years back. Now signed to one of my favorite labels, their new album “Kids In LA” is stacked full of breezy pop tunes.
– Chad Valley possesses one of the most gorgeous male voices this side of Brian Wilson. If you haven’t heard his music yet, YOU NEED TO BUY HIS LATEST ALBUM, Young Hunger, NOW.
1. Rush Midnight “Crush”
2. Selebrities “Lovers”
3. The Ice Choir “I Want You Now and Always”
4. Kisses “Up All Night”
5. Chad Valley featuring Glasser “Fall 4 U”