I’m not writing anything else today, mostly because it’s New Year’s Eve and I gots to get ready to partay the decade away!
Rather than giving you some sort of original list of obscure songs, I wanted to give you some great dance pop songs to ring in 2011. Some of them have hidden messages and some of them couldn’t be more literal to what I’m trying to say, if they tried.
(Oh, and Be sure to scroll to the bottom to read my 2011 relation to each song!)
1. Madonna ‘Heartbeat’
2. Amy Winehouse ‘Tears Dry On Their Own’
3. Everything But The Girl ‘The Future Of The Future (Stay Gold)’
4. La Roux ‘Bulletproof’
5. Armin van Buuren feat Sophie Ellis-Bextor ‘Not Giving Up On Love’
6. George Michael ‘Fastlove’
7. Lady Gaga ‘Alejandro’
8. Roisin Murphy ‘You Know Me Better’
9. Dannii Minogue ‘Put The Needle On It’
10. Kylie Minogue ‘Light Years’
Now let me explain without profundity, in my own abstractly literal way, what these songs mean for me in 2011:
1) Represents my feeling towards writing this blog.
2) No, I’m not sleeping with a married man. This is more about me learning to get over shit and move on.
3) Coming to grips w/reality, accepting my past, and not being afraid of what lies ahead.
4) What I will be..next time.
5) Contrary to popular belief, I’m not..I promise.
6) Something I hope to have lots of in 2010..
7) Probable name of the next man with whom I will be getting laid.
8) Pleasantly cryptic message to the very few people that truly know me.
9) My daily relationship with music.
10) My annual New Year’s countdown song since 2000!
Happy New Year, Fredheads! See you all in 2011!